Below you find more information about HÖJDEN GLAMPING. If you are interested in our other services, feel free to contact us. Maybe you would like to be shown our art-gallery. We can also give you guidance in painting, music and nature.
You can reach Kulturladan på Höjden by trekking on Sörmlandsleden in the national park. Start at Tyresta by or Alby friluftsgård. It is also possible to get to us by car and bike. Contact us and we will lead you on the right way.
At our glamping you combine the experince of wildlife with comfort. Your stay is in a large Tentipi tent on a wooden platform. You sleep in prepared hotel standard beds and are served a breakfast-basket in the morning.
Höjden is an excellent base for exploring the Tyresta area by foot. You can also use bikes that we provide to explore the area even more. We´ll give you lots of suggestions for nice places for bath, culture, excursion etc.
At arrival, you contact us in the art gallery and we´ll show you to the camping site. Incheck is from 3 pm and outcheck at noon. When you arrive you tell us at what time you would like the breakfast-basket to be delivered.
Combine your stay with:
◦ Trekking in Tyresta nature reserve and national park. The many forest lakes are excellent for swimming.
◦ Visit the picturesque farming village Tyresta by (7 km by Sörmlandsleden). It is the centre of the National park with Visitor centre naturum, café, village shop and more.
◦ Alby friluftsgård (6 km by Sörmlandsleden). Old houses and farmland. Outdoor centre with bath (sand beach), café, fire-places and more.
◦ Take a bikeride to Tyresö Castle and stop at Notholmencafé for sandwiches and Swedish fika.
◦ Bird excursion with ornithologist Mattias Pettersson.
◦ A short or long guiding in the Tyresta forest.
◦ A very special food-experience withGLÖD- vildmarkskök, which presents you fascinating wilderness cooking and a tasty meal.
◦ Inspirational passin watercolor painting with artist Mattias Pettersson in Galleri Höjden.
◦ Inspirational pass with voice care / qigong / meditation / liberating dance / swedish folksinging with Eva-Lisa Oldeberg, folksinger och pedagogue.
◦ Pay a visit to Galleri Höjden to view nature-depicting art. The artist Mattias Pettersson is also an archeologist so you have the oportunity to hear about exavations and see some archaeological finds.
◦ Canoeing in the nearby Gudö å.
Some of these activities require extra costs. Please contact us for prices and booking.
The glamping is situated next to a nature reserve and national park. The platform on which the glamping is placed is built carefully on "floating beams", not to disturb the ground. Close to the tent, we ask kindly that you walk on trails and rods to spare the sensitive vegetation.
In Sweden everyone is welcome to explore the nature thanks to "Allemansrätten" - "The right of public access". A fantastic opportunity for all of us to roam freely in nature. Please se more information here: